December 8th is National Brownie Day! What an ooey, gooey delicious day!
Since we can’t reach through your screen and share a brownie with you, let us at least share some brownie facts:
Here are 3 possible origin stories about how brownies came to be:
- A chef accidentally added melted chocolate to biscuit dough
- A cook forgot to add in the flour when mixing batter
- A housewife improvised when she didn’t have baking powder
Which origin story do you like best?
We may never know the true story of how the brownie came to be, but we do know one thing…brownies are the best!
Enjoy some additional brownie facts for brownie points!
- In the US of A, chocolate is the most popular flavor followed by a blondie
- A blondie is made with brown sugar and no chocolate
Happy Brownie Day!